Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Calgary Area
Hormone imbalance is common in men and women as they age, leading to a number of uncomfortable symptoms. These may include fatigue, weight gain, irritability, and fuzzy thinking. Women also experience multiple perimenopause and menopause symptoms due to hormone decline while men go through something called andropause. What many people living in Calgary and the surrounding communities don’t realize is that hormone decline also contributes to the development of specific diseases. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Calgary Alberta could be instrumental in the treatment of these conditions.
Health Conditions Associated with a Hormone Imbalance
Medical researchers in Calgary have proven the connection between hormone deficiency and the following health issues:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- A syndrome is not a disease, but instead is a collection of indications and symptoms. Adrenal fatigue falls into this category. It occurs when the body’s adrenal glands can’t keep up with the demands placed on it. People most often experience symptoms in periods of extreme stress or while dealing with an acute or chronic infection. Fatigue, as the name of the syndrome suggests, is the main symptom. People with adrenal fatigue generally feel unwell and often lack the energy to get through a normal day.
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Fibromyalgia and lupus are two common autoimmune disorders with a hormonal cause. Both are characterized by fatigue, muscle aches, headaches, and sometimes depression. With an autoimmune disease, the hormones responsible for building a natural immunity are deficient. Symptoms typically appear much earlier in life than they would with normal age-related hormone decline.
- When a consistently depressed mood is not in relation to life events, a hormone imbalance is often to blame. Serotonin and cortisol, which are hormones manufactured by the brain, are instrumental in stabilizing moods. Balancing these hormones helps people feel in control of their emotions and respond appropriately to the people and situations in their life.
- When someone has diabetes, his or her pancreas doesn’t produce enough of the insulin hormone for the body to function normally. Insulin is vital to help the body break down ingested food and convert it into energy. Diabetes can also cause the body to retain an excess amount of sugar, which can lead to potentially serious issues such as blindness and limb amputation. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) in Calgary Alberta, along with diet, exercise, and medication, can help people with this condition lead a normal life.
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- When the thyroid produces insufficient hormones, people often feel sluggish. Hypothyroidism causes them to lack energy, have difficulty losing weight, struggle with gastrointestinal distress, and a host of other issues. Hyperthyroidism, which refers to an overactive thyroid, can cause anxiety, unintended weight loss, and excess energy. Both are extremes that can benefit from BHRT in Calgary.
How Natural Hormone Therapy Can Help
Hormone replacement therapy with synthetic drugs is common practice in Calgary and other nearby cities. However, doctors often fail to discover a hormonal cause in the conditions described above. BHRT uses natural ingredients found in soy and yam plant extracts to balance the hormones and bring symptom relief. Although some conditions are chronic and can’t be fully cured, BHRT can help you live with them as comfortably as possible. We encourage you to contact a Calgary BHRT provider today to learn more.
Find Local Calgary Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You